Franco Palumbo in Museums
Museum Bargellini (Bo)
The museum, which houses primarily modern
art, was founded by a local patron, Giulio Bargellini. Thanks to him this barn, built in 1933 and used until the late '80s, was restored and turned into a great museum, whose construction was
entrusted to the famous architect Giuseppe Davanzo.
The complex, inaugurated Feb. 27, 2000,
consists of three exhibition halls of works by artists divided by generations, a multipurpose and multimedia center and, on the outside, a sculpture garden.
Napoli Novecento (NA)
Is the museum in progress dedicated to the art of the twentieth century that
decreed Napoli capital of contemporary art, after Torino. Opened March 4, 2010 presents 170 works by 90 artists from Naples and non that contributed to the artistic history of
the city. Set amidst the majestic walls of Castel Sant 'Elmo, in the spaces of the Carcere Alto, alternate paintings, sculptures, drawings and engravings in a chronological sequence divided by
sections. La secession dei ventitrè (The secession of the twenty-three), the first Futurism in Naples, the movement of Futurism Circumvisionisti and second Futurism, the experiences of the group
'Sud', l’Informale end the Group '58, the seventies with the “Sperimentazioni poeticovisive (Poeticovisive trials), up to the year ‘80, are some of the highlights of the
twentieth century witnessed in the sections of the Naples Museum.
The “in progress” express clearly its intention to increase this first substantial group of works in order to enrich the documentation and
give space to different aspects of the art of the twentieth century.
The art direction is by Angela Tecce,
Director of the Complex of St. Elmo, with the collaboration of Nicola Spinosa. Il minister per i beni e le attività culturali (The Ministry of Heritage and Culture), the Campania Region, the
Department for Cultural Heritage and Tourism, the Directorate General for Landscape, le Belle Arti (Fine Art), the Architecture and Contemporary Art has enabled the project .
Museo Civico (Turin)
Turin was the first Italian city that brought
a public collection of modern art as a constituent part of its Civic Museum, which opened in 1863. The collections were stored together with the first collections of ancient art in a building at
the Mole Antonelliana. In 1865 they were transferred in a pavilion overlooking Corso Siccardi (now Galileo Ferraris), built years ago for an art exhibition, and there remained until 1942. This
pavilion was destroyed during the Second World War, on the same site was erected the present building designed by Carlo Bassi e Goffredo Boschetti, who was inaugurated in 1959. Become unfit for
use in the early 80s, the building was reopened in 1993 after a profound renewal. The interventions have expanded the exhibition area, provided a modern plant engineering and made accessible in its entirety to the disabled. An extensive restoration and conservation work has been
done in the meantime on art collections. The museum complex comprises now, in addition to the
permanent exhibition gallery, roomsfor temporary exhibitions end spaces for learning activities, a space for rotating exhibitions of the works stored in warehouses, library and
photographic library open to the public.
(Source: http://turin.arounder.com/it/musei-storici/gam-galleria-civica-d-arte-moderna-e-contemporanea/gam-galleria-civica-d-arte-moderna-e-contemporanea -01.html)
Mostra d'oltremare-Palazzo delle arti (In)
Part of the building of the Mostra d'oltremare, majestic architectural work opened on 9
May 1940 as First Triennial Exhibition of Italian overseas Lands. The realization of the show influenced the whole urban environment around, was demolished the old farmhouse of Fuorigrotta, was
released the Viale Augusto, a road to two roadways separated by a large central flowerbed with palms and pine trees, with curved trends to avoid arriving in piazza front
entrance to the Mostra. It took to build it only sixteen months: realized over 1,200,000 square feet, contained 36 exhibition halls, an office building, an open-air arena for 12,000 people (Arena
Flegrea), two theatres (Mediterranean Theatre, Teatro dei Piccoli), an Olympic-size swimming pool, restaurants, bars, a Wildlife Park and an amusement park, tropical aquarium, tropical
greenhouses and a Roman archaeological area. Conceived as “Architettura del verde” ("green architecture"), the Mostra is constituted as a picturesque setting
that today can be considered as a significant episode of cohabitation of different architectural and artistic souls. In particular, with regard to the location, was chosen the Conca Flegrea
-between Bagnoli and Fuorigrotta- that for configuring flat, proximity to the sea and the archaeological sites of Cuma and Averno could perform better than any other function of tourist and